Hold a .CA domain name?
Become a .CA Member!
Why become a Member?
CIRA is its Members and by becoming a .CA Member, you can help build trusted Canadian values online by:
- Participating in the Board of Directors Elections process and by attending Canadians Connected: CIRA’s Symposium and Annual General Meeting.
- Participating in consultations on .CA and other Internet issues.
- Having a say in the development of the Internet worldwide through CIRA’s involvement in international Internet organizations.
As a .CA Member, you can be part of the building blocks of an organization that now, more than ever, represents Canadians online.
There are NO fees to become a .CA Member!
Important: New Voting Eligibility Rules
As per CIRA's Bylaws and the recently updated Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act, this year to be eligible to vote in the Board of Directors election and the Annual General Meeting .CA holders must be Members before the end of the day on August 27, 2014 (21 days before the start of the voting period), and remain an active Member at the time they cast their vote and at the start of the AGM.
We recommend you submit your membership application by August 17, 2014 to allow time for processing.
Access exclusive benefits!
As a Member, you also have access to exclusive benefits:
- The quarterly .CA Member only e-newsletter that keeps you informed of the latest CIRA and Internet-related information. .CA Members can login for access to the latest issue.
- Networking events for business development and knowledge exchange. Find out about upcoming events.
What .CA Members say about membership
“Being a Member gives you a say in how the Internet is shaped, and the Internet is at the centre of everything. It’s the first place people go for information, so it’s important to keep up to date with Internet issues.” says Robert Tello, .CA Member.
CIRA’s CEO, Byron Holland recognizes .CA Members for their involvement in CIRA’s successes during his presentation to .CA Members during Canadians Connected 2012: CIRA Symposium and Annual General Meeting.
Am I a .CA Member?
This video provides.CA domain holders instructions on how to verify if they are a .CA Member and how to become a Member.
You can also check your membership status with our easy online tool.
How to apply for Membership
There are 2 ways to become a .CA Member: