Upcoming .CA Service Outage
To successfully complete the upgrade, there will be a seven-hour service outage from 2:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. (ET) on January 13, 2013, during which certain transactions will be affected. This time was selected specifically to minimize impact on .CA Registrants and Registrars. Please note that .CA domain(s) will continue to function normally throughout the service outage.
The following transactions will be affected during the registry upgrade:
- Registrants will be unable to submit new .CA domain registrations.
- Registrants will be unable to approve their CIRA Registrant Agreement.
- Registrants will be unable to update or renew existing .CA domain names.
- The To Be Released list will not be accessible.
- WHOIS will not be accessible.
- Registrants who are .CA Members will be unable to access the Member website (member.cira.ca).
- CIRA’s Election website (ciraelections.ca) will be offline.
- The main CIRA website (cira.ca), including Registrar lists, the Expression of Interest Form and the Registration Support Unit (RSU) contact form will be offline.
Full Registrant services will return at 9:00 a.m. (ET) on January 13, 2013.
For more information about French .CA domain names, please visit: http://cira.ca/why-ca/french-ca.
You can also access real-time updates on January 13 by following @CIRANews on Twitter.
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority is the Member-driven organization that manages Canada’s .CA domain name registry, develops and implements policies that support Canada’s Internet community, and represents the .CA registry internationally.
For additional information, please contact:
(613) 237-5335 ext. 262