Register a .CA in French
It is now possible to register .CA domain names properly in both official languages - CIRA has introduced support in the .CA Registry for the full range of French characters, such as û, à, ç, ë, and œ.
How to register your French character .CA domain name
- Is the domain name available?
- Using the WHOIS tool, check if your preferred domain name is available. Note that a virtual keyboard is available to assist you in entering French characters in your search string, simply click the keyboard icon located to the right of the search field.
- Find a Registrar offering French character .CA domain name registration
- Registrars are the people and organizations that register and manage .CA domain names on behalf of their customers.
- Not all Registrars offer French character .CA domain name registration services.
- Of those Registrars that do offer French character .CA domain name registration services, some don’t do this in a fully automated way, so different levels of registration process automation will be available. Visit your selected Registrar's web site and/or contact their customer service department to find out more about their process for French character .CA registration.
- The following list is available to help make it easier for you to find a Registrar offering the registration of .CA domain names with French characters. This list will be updated on as regular basis as additional Registrars add .CA French Character IDN to their service portfolio:
|Namespro Solutions Inc.||email@example.com|
|SIBERNAME INTERNET AND SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES INC.||firstname.lastname@example.org
|Go Daddy Domains Canada, Incemail@example.com
|DOT.CA (ca Internet Domain Name Registration)||firstname.lastname@example.org
|DomainePlus.com (3612040 CANADA inc.)||email@example.com
|Canadian Domain Name Services Inc.||firstname.lastname@example.org
|Réseau Internet Québec Inc.||email@example.com
|ZiD.com Division of ZYMOS Computer Systems Inc.||firstname.lastname@example.org
To search the full list of .CA Registrars, please use the search tool below. Please note that these search results may contain Registrars that do not offer French character .CA registration.
Here’s how accented French characters for .CA work:
- Every French character variant of a registered .CA domain name automatically becomes part of an administrative bundle. For example, the bundle for cira.ca would include variants such as cirà.ca, çira.ca, cîra.ca, çïrâ.ca, and all other combination of accented French and standard ASCII characters.
- Once a domain name is registered, all the variants of that domain name in the administrative bundle are withheld, and cannot be registered by anyone except the existing Registrant for the domain name.
- Each variant in an administrative bundle you wish to use must be registered individually, and each registered domain name in the administrative bundle has its own lifecycle.
- All domain names within an administrative bundle must be registered to the same Registrant and with the same Registrar.
Do you have questions? We're here to help! Visit our Frequently Asked Questions for answers.